If you ever get worried about whether or not the earth swallowed me again, just check my Twitter - I frequently post some work in progress stuff and general spam there. On this blog however, I'll only post stuff with a bit more substance ... long posts, new works, that sort of thing. So naturally updates here won't be very frequent.
That being said, here's what happened since the last blog-post:
- After finishing the female human, I took a month off and worked on some of my sfw-stuff.
- Finished the male bloodelf.
- Started the female nightelf, but then ...
- Overwatch happened! I didn't get into the beta, but Rexx did. I asked him to rip a few of the ingame models, which he kindly did. The ripped models require quite a bit of cleanup and that's what I've been working on since.
- Started with Widowmaker. Cleaned up the mesh and textures, built the materials, converted everything to quads and built a new nude body from scratch. The model is finished now and ready to be rigged:
- I ditched the animation, I teased in the first Progress Update post. Didn't like the pose as much as I thought I would. Here's a render of the 11 frame loop it started out as.
So what's the game-plan from here?
- I want to rig Widowmaker, finish one more Overwatch character and then make an animation of both.
- After finishing the nightelf, I will put new races on the backburner and start putting out WoW-animations.
- I will set up a tumblr, where I will only post finished works. This blog will remain what I consider my main-page.
- After releasing a bunch of animations and having settled back in, I will open up commissions and a Patreon.
I will say for sure that there won't be any exclusive content hidden behind a Patreon-paywall. I want people to support me on their own, not because I offer them some exclusives and alienate the rest. We'll see how it goes ... I'm not completely opposed to incentives though. Polls could be a possibility, albeit a boring one. Maybe a few days time-exclusivity on some stuff? Not liking that one too much though. Just thinking out loud here ... please let me know your thoughts on this, if you have any!
Alright, that's me done! Going back to flipping through Overwatch models, to decide which one to tackle next, now! :X